Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Brazillian Chicken in Coconut Milk

The Story:
I found this recipe on All Recipes. As with most of my recipes, I begin with a base and then adjust based on my family's tastes. We like bold and spicy flavors so I usually punch up the spices a bit more. This is a spicy and flavorful chicken dish. I always pair it with my Gordon Ramsey's Citrus Rice Pilaf, which is also posted on my blog.

Ingredients:
1 T.ground cumin
1 T.ground cayenne pepper
1 T.ground turmeric
1 T.ground coriander
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk

Directions:

1.In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, cayenne pepper, turmeric, and coriander. Place the chicken in the bowl, season with salt and pepper, and rub on all sides with the spice mixture.

2.Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken in the skillet. Cook 10 to 15 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Remove from heat and dice into bite size bits.

3.Add the onion, ginger, jalapeno peppers, and garlic 5 minutes, or until tender. Mix in the tomatoes and continue cooking 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk. Serve over the chicken. Garnish with the parsley. 1 bunch chopped fresh parsley
 
Server over Citrus Rice Pilaf also found here in my recipe blog.

0 comments:

What's Cookin' in Carrie's Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP